Today I participated in my second triathlon. The Surf Town Triathlon in Imperial Beach.
I was pretty excited about this race because #1 it was going to be my last one for this season and #2 it was going to be my second triathlon. I got 8th in my division in my first race so I figured I would be able to do a little better in this one because I had some "experience". If you want to even call it that. Basically I wasn't going to be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I had a game plan. My goal was to get in the top 3 for my division. (Lofty goal but I like to shoot for the stars.)
So here is the event recap:
|I started out at the front of the pack...|
|Got out of the water about 10th out of all the women under 34.|
|I think the drawing below goes well with this picture :-)|
|2nd in the Female 20-24 Division|
Below are the official times. So I have some serious work to do before next season if I want to shave off minutes. But I am pretty pumped so I think I can do it.
1. Get more power swimming and learn how to draft better.
2. Figure out what the hell seems to happen to me on the bike.
3. Shave a couple minutes off my run by just learning to set my pace a little faster.
4. Get stronger and closer to a better race weight.
5. Train harder and recover faster.
Now I need to get some sleep.