12.20.2012

An Arizona Christmas

So I went to Arizona last weekend to see my sister and her family. Lot's of Christmas stuff happened like music concerts, looking at Christmas lights, making gingerbread houses and opening presents. I got to spend some quality time with my niece and nephew which really is one of the best parts. My nephew and I are Lego building masters.

Brought this bad boy to AZ with me to get a ride in (training never really stops). It was nice to ride a different terrain. It's so much easier to ride in AZ than where I live in CA. It was totally flat there so I really got moving. Also hopefully that was one of my last "serious" rides on that bike. I made a serious upgrade and commitment and bought a new bike. Photos to come when it arrives.

Oddly I often didn't wear a helmet when I skateboarded... now I always ride one when I bike. 
Safety First.


See I told you, it's flat for miles and miles.


It's nice to bike and not see every single spot of land developed.

My sister has been asking me to paint her a picture for oh you know maybe like 5 years. It was a Joshua Tree request. So this year for Christmas I finally did it. I am going to try to paint some more before the triathlon training picks up again.

  Back in California enjoying my lunch break at the beach.

  
Not a bad place for a photo shoot right?

Christmas is creeping up fast. Hope you all are enjoying the holiday season.
I am headed to a few holiday parties this weekend. Anyone got an ugly sweater they are going to be rockin'?

4 comments:

  1. I lived in Arizona for many, many years, I also love they have bike lanes almost everywhere to ride!! It is nice

    Hope you enjoy your holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those bike lanes are fantastic. I wish we had them in California. People there seemed like they knew how to drive around bikers and here they don't really. Happy Holidays to you too!

      Delete