10.14.2012

Climbing Half Dome

Last weekend I had a grand adventure with some friends from college. My friend Aileen long ago asked me if I would like to climb Half Dome with her..... how could I pass an offer like that up. She planned the whole weekend and it was nothing short of fantastic. Here are some of the photos from our weekend.

Kiki and I at our first of many photo stops.
Hugged some trees and walked in some streams.
Then I got to hang out with this awesome gal. This trip was all really thanks to her. She entered the Half Dome lottery and got us tickets to climb it. So here we are about half way up the mountain.
Stephen reflecting on the sight of the famous Half Dome cables. On the right that is me super small at the very top.
Climbing up the cables on the back side of Half Dome. It's actually crazy steep just in case you couldn't tell from this photo or the one before.
Our group at the top of Half Dome. The 14 mile hike took us about 10 hours including all our snack and photo stops.
I wish this place was within walking distance of my house. If it was any warmer I would have be swimming in this photo not just laying on a rock. I pretty excited it's hiking season again here in California. I am ready to tackle the trails this year.

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! I've never hiked Half Dome before and would like to try it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally do it! It was soooo much fun. I can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete