9.29.2012

When you love what you do it's not a sacrifice.


Ok I admit it. I am totally addicted to triathlon. I enjoy reading about it, watching it, racing and even getting up at 5am to train. I recently came across this series Ali'i Drive. "Ali’i Drive is about letting the public in on what makes some of the world’s best endurance athletes tick. It will explore into how these athletes prepare mentally and physically while striving for a shot at winning the coveted IRONMAN World Championship."

This episode is my favorite in particular. It's all about finding the fuel that burns your fire and keeps you going. I just love it. I love Miranda Carfee's quote "people always ask why do you do this? It's so hard you have to sacrifice so much? I didn't really understand what I was sacrificing because in my mind I was doing what I love."

When you love what you do it's not a sacrifice.

Andy Pott talks about swimming next to someone in the pool and how you end it getting in each others head and start racing. Which is funny because this past week I ended up doing that with a guy at the pool. We talked after our swims about how much the pace started to pickup through the workout. Hopefully we will cross paths again soon. Have you ever secretly raced someone at the pool?

No comments:

Post a Comment