8.11.2012

It's insanely hot out!

Post work run in the sun had me dripping.


Ok I admit it. I am a weather wuss. I blame it on the fact that I grew up in Southern California where the weather is pretty much always peachy. Well not now. It's hitting those high 80s and low 90s. Ok yeah compared to a lot of places that is peachy. Anyways... I made the mistake of hitting snooze on my morning alarm the other day saying to myself I will run in the afternoon instead. Stupid idea. I realized there are many reasons I am a morning exerciser.

  1. I like getting up early, plain and simple.
  2. I enjoy going to work not just having rolled out of bed.
  3. I enjoy working out when a majority of people aren't up or out and about. This means there are less people on the roads and trails. Plus the people on the trails at that hour know the rules of the trail/road.
  4. It's much easier to get in a double day, which seems to be need to improve quickly in triathlon.

The good new is my apartment complex has a pool about 15 feet from my front door. So post run I may or may not have jumped in with my running clothes on.

How about you... when do you like to workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment