1.02.2012

Drink more water.

A hike on the first day of the year.


“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.” -
Neil Gaiman

Generally speaking I think new year's resolutions are kinda silly. Why wait to change or do something until the new year? If you want to do something do it now. If you don't you will find yourself living the "yesterday you said you would do it tomorrow" life. So instead of resolutions i've gathered some quotes for inspiration on how I want to live my life.

Be in love with your life. Every detail of it. -Jack Kerouac
It's important. It's very easy to overlook how amazing it is just to be alive.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
My weakness.

… if we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin. -Ivan Turgenev

Life is short. Live now.

Every person I interact with is part of the person I am becoming. -Patricia Moreno
Spend more time with the amazing people in my life and meet more beautiful people.

"Write drunk. Edit sober." -Hemingway
This is going to be my quote for the year. Not in the sense that I want to run around drunk from alcohol all the time. I want to be drunk on life. I want to live more in the moment. Strike down high expectations. Do more things on a whim. Less planning. More action.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that no one should wait for a new year to turn over to change something about themselves, if they recognize it as something they wish to change. However, I also feel that the days leading up to the new year (whatever holiday/holidays are celebrated) can have a huge impact on the decisions that people make for the next year. The giving spirit of the holidays, plus the family time might have an impact on someone that causes them to decide to make a change in the new year... and sometimes, it's just nice to put a date to things.

    Aka, you're awesome. Those quotes are fantastic. I love life, and think it's astounding every day, but sometimes, resolutions might be a good thing, brought on by another good thing <3

    ReplyDelete